2016/03/25

Out of this world | Mama Elephant

Hello! It's me again with a pair of cards featuring 'Space Bears' from Mama Elephant. I used the set two or three weeks ago and created a galaxy for the background. This time I wanted a brighter version and decided to use pinks and orange for the sky. 


I started by smooshing distress ink pads (spiced marmalade, picked raspberry and barn door) onto a piece of laminated paper. 

Then I added a lot of water with a mini mister and pressed a water color paper into the colors. I moved the watercolor paper a bit so that the ink started to mix. I repeated this process. (Whenever I create backgrounds with lots of water I make at least two at once because sometimes one turns out not that pretty and if each of them is fine I just make two cards for my stash :) It's always a surprise how those tecniques turn out)

I let that try and stamped and colored in the space bears with copic-friendly ink and copic markers. After die cutting them I coated the helmets (?) with glossy accents. I also die cut the clouds from white glitter cardstock and vellum. For the balloon from the 'Rainbow High' set I used water color paper again. I added dried marigold and spiced marmalade distress ink to the balloon to match the background.

Before assembling the cards I sprinkled some water droplets on the water color pieces to get the famous distress look. The sentiments are from the same stamp set. I adhered the clouds with double sided adhesive and used foam tape for the balloons and bears. For the string I grabbed a piece of grey/white twine from my stash. Last but not least I added sparkling clear sequins in 4 and 6 mm.
Thank you for stopping by and have a nice Easter holiday!

xo
Lisa

Supply List


Copics: 0, BG0000, E30, E31, E34, E37, E50, R20

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen