2016/01/09

Lawnscaping Challenge #121 | Winter Wonderland

Hello there! Today's card is for the Lawnscaping challenge #121 'Winter Wonderland'. Guess what's my resolution for this year :-) I'll really try to participate in these challenges because I like the motivation you get with these and the lawnscaping team is awesome too!!

I decided to create a winter themed card which I could send year-round and I also wanted to use pale teal colors because I just love them and they are perfect for the frosty season.


To start out I used the distress ink pads cracked pistacchio and tumbled glass which I applied to Tim Holtz distress cardstock. Then I sprinkled some water droplets and let that dry for a while.

In the meanwhile I stamped the critters with Memento tuxedo ink using the Lawn Fawn stamp sets 'Critters in the snow' and 'Winter Sparrows' and colored them in with Copics. Can you see the little dots on the seal? I think they add a lot of texture to the animal and aren't time-consuming at all.


I cut the images out and stamped the little trees from the 'Ready, Set, Snow' stamp set with Lawn Fawn ink pads. I also used the balloon from the 'Hello Sunshine' set. For the snow I used the 'Landscape trio die' from Mama Elephant and clued the two pieces into place. After that I also adhered my critters and the little trees.

For the sentiment I wanted to use the 'Critters in the snow' set once more and decided that it was time to use speech bubbles on a card for the first time. (I used the stamp set 'Perfect Tune' from Create A Smile for the bubbles) Are you familiar with the situation when you've finished a little scene and don't know where you should place the sentiment?
This describes exactly the reason why I used speech bubbles. I think they are a great way to integrate the sentiment into little scenes.


Last but not least I added Wink of Stella glitter to the balloon, heart and cap and covered the balloon and the heart with glossy accents. For the card base I used a pale yellow cardstock to make the card even happier :)

Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you next week! Have a nice weekend!!

xo
Lisa

Supply List


Copic Markers: BG0000, BG15, BG49, C1, C3, C5, C7, R20, R27, R46, W1, W3, W5, W7, Y15, Y17

4 Kommentare :

  1. This is the cutest winter scene ever! I love everything about this card! Thank you for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thank you, Samantha! So nice of you to take the time and stop by :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Oh I love this card! I love the blue with the bright yellow! Such a great color combination. I love how you mixed stamp sets too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping Challenges! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thank you, Audrey! Love the great themes of the challenges and soon there will be new stamp sets to mix and match :)

    AntwortenLöschen