2015/12/12

Merry Christmas | Altenew

Hello! For todays card I tried a (for me) new stamp company: Altenew. I really love their layered stamps; therefore, I bought three sets, I think from their newest release, and started with 'Winter Cardinal'. However, I stamped the image at least five times but the impression has never been totally smooth. Maybe the paper I used was not ment for stamping, I don't know. I still like the stamped image and I am not too concerned about the crisp looking base layer because the feathering of a bird isn't that smooth  :) Using a Misti stamping tool would make it much easier too because you can restamp the image very easily and get a nice finished look.  






I used four different Lawn Fawn inks for the bird: Mermaid, Hippo, Peacock and Fish Tank (in that order). For the branch I went with the Doe color and for the berries I used Lobster for second generation stamping.

I wanted the bird to be the main focus of the card so I chose a very tiny sentiment from the 'Mini Messages' stamp set from Mama Elephant and scattered some sequins. To make the card more elegant I adhered the piece of white cardstock to a teal glitter paper.

The finished card is 10,4 x 10,4 cm (4,09 x 4,09 inch). Although it is not perfect, I really like the result and I'm looking forward to using the other stamp sets!!


Thank's for stopping by and have a nice weekend!!
xo
Lisa


Supply List


Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen