2015/11/07

Bright stars | Mama Elephant & share handmade kindness challenge

Hello and happy Saturday!! As promised I share a card for the "Share Handmade Kindness"-Challenge from Jennifer Mcguire with you. Fore more information about this wonderful challenge click on the image below.




I wanted to create an encouragement card because if someone goes through a hard time I think it is important to support him/her and also to show that there is always a silver lining. So I tried to combine these two aspects in one card and used two of the Mama Elephant stamp sets: 'Ella and Friends' and 'Shooting Star'. Mama Elephant includes such beautiful sentiments in their stamp sets; they are perfect for such occasions!!


For the background I masked off the bottom part and created a dark night sky with chipped sapphire and black soot. (on the photo it looks a little bit brighter than it is in real life) I left a small spot very bright because I already knew that there would be the little star but you probably could use white pigment ink to brighten the spot afterwards too. For the grass I used black soot over peeled paint to make it very dark in this starless night.

After letting that dry (distress inks need a little bit to dry, you could also use a heat gun to speed up the waiting process) I stamped the sentiment from the 'Shooting Star' stampset in Versamark and heatembossed it with white embossing powder.

The elephant, bunny and stone were stamped in Memento tuxedo black ink because I colored them in with Copics. For the star I used distress inks (scattered straw, mustard seed) and my Mini ink blending tool to color it in very quickly. I cut the images out and adhered them to the background. I used the wink of stella brush in clear and glossy accents on the star and scattered some sparkling clear sequins in 4 and 6mm around the sentiment.


I wanted to use a white cardbase for my background but it looked a little bit too plain. So I used the dotted border die from Lawn Fawn to make it more interesting.

I hope I managed to include both messages in the card: to help the person and encourage her/him to look on the bright side.

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome weekend!!
xo
Lisa

#sharehandmadekindness

Supply List



Copic markers I used: C3, C5, E35, E37, R20, W3, W5, W7

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen