2015/10/29

Happy Birthday | Mama Elephant October Challenge

Hello there! November is coming soon so I hurry up and share my card for the Mama Elephant October Challenge. The challenge was to create a birthday card and I couldn't resist using the adorable little penguins from the brand new 'Christmas Spirit' stamp set. They are sooo cute, I immediately fell in love with them ♥



So for my card I used a watercolor paper and created my own mask with the negative diecut pieces of the landscape trio die (I used the hill boarders). 



Then I stamped the cute images with ranger archival jet black ink and fuzzy cut masks for them as well. After masking them off I colored the background using the soft granite shadow ink from Hero Arts and an ink blending tool and sprinkled it with distress inks in cracked pistacchio and peacock feathers. I then could remove the masks and colored my images with Zig clean color real brush markers.

I also added two of the penguins under the penguin border (again using masking and Zig clean color real brush markers). From the 'Woodland Gift' stamp set I stamped the balloon and greeting. To match the wavy border I curved the sentiment stamp on my acrylic block. 

For finishing my card up I added wink of stella to the presents and also (together with glossy accents) to the balloon. I chose some enamel dots in the same color combination and added them around the greetings.
Last but not least I adhered the watercolor paper to a dark grey cardstock and then to a standard-size orange card base.



I hope you like this happy card and I'll see you on Saturday for my last Halloween card this year!!! Have a nice week,
xo
Lisa

Supply List



Zig clean color brush markers: 031, 036, 038, 042, 052, 070, 090, 091
Additional supplies: Hero Arts - soft granite shadow ink, My Mind's Eye - Cut&Paste Smile Enamel Dots, Mitsubishi - Uniball pen black 

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen